Social media is an indispensable part of any online-or offline-business nowadays. If you are neglecting social media, you are neglecting a tremendous customer base as without a doubt, social media is an enormous source of traffic for your website.
In fact, a study found that 63% of customers expect companies to offer customer service through their social media – and 90% of social media users have already connected with a brand or business through their chosen platform. Hence, it’s impossible for companies to ignore the use of this ever-growing platform any longer.
There are a few astounding social media WordPress plugins that you can utilize to boost your website. One primary example is using a plugin for WordPress that is designed to integrate social media sharing functionality into your site.
When we speak about efficient social media integration, it’s not just about putting social sharing buttons on the site, but seeing at several other features such as where you are putting the buttons, the features of the plugin, making sure it does not hamper the overall page load speed of the website, among others.
In this article, we will provide a list of some of the most prominent social media plugins that can make a whole lot of difference when it comes to social media integration on your website.
However, before delving into the plugins, let’s first understand the types of WordPress social media plugins.
Types of WordPress Social Media Plugins
Each WordPress social media plugin serves a separate purpose, so it’s essential to know what you’re getting into before installing a plugin. Although this isn’t a comprehensive list, the most popular social media plugins give some of the following functionalities and advantages:
Social sharing buttons
These increase your online publication since users find pages and posts you have, then share them on social media.
Social icons with links
Certain icons show customers that you have social business pages, and it enables them to subscribe and follow you on those platforms by directly clicking on the icon. It’s one of the most obvious ways to make your social followers.
Social login page
Social login makes your site more reliable and reduces spam from robots. It’s also more comfortable for consumers since they don’t have to remember a new username-password combo.
The default WordPress comments method has no social aspect. So, if someone comments on your post, it won’t prompt others to make comments. With the right plugin, Facebook comments can be seen on Facebook and your blog, thereby encouraging communication.
This streams your Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter feed straight on your website. It combines more visuals to your site and provides a preview of what people can anticipate from your existing social media page.
Social media poster
These kinds of plugins automate the social posting method. For instance, you can have it automatically add your older blog to Twitter.
Best WordPress Social Media Plugins/Tools
1. Social Snap
Social Snap is primarily a social sharing plugin, and it does much more than just combining social sharing images. It supports over 30 of the various popular social networks and allows you to place the sharing icons in specific areas of your website to ensure optimal outcomes. It even lets you put sharing buttons with a shortcode, which is a unique feature.
- Option to integrate over 30 networks onto your website
- Customize the location of the share button
- Customize the shape, colour and animation of the social sharing button
- Track individual and total share counters
- Control how a post looks when shared on social media
The Social Warfare plugin appears in 2 variants, the free version and the Pro version. The free version has all the basic traits that you would require to set up social sharing on your website. But if you’re serious about social sharing, then you must opt for the pro version, which is not that pricey considering its cost compared the customizable features it offers.
- Customize buttons based on colour and size
- Buttons automatically adjust their size based on the screen size
- Focuses on maintaining site load speed
- Recover social share count after changing domain name
If you are looking for an alternative to the Social Warfare plugin, Easy Social Share is a comprehensive solution for you. Despite being a premium plugin, it takes only $22, and you can install it on various websites. Lately, they published the 7.2 version of Easy Social Share plugin with many cutting-edge innovations.
- With 55+ button style templates, make your buttons look just like the way you want.
- Follow icons allows visitors to follow you instead of sharing your content. You can additionally display follower counts.
- Use automatic triggers to display your buttons depending on time, scroll depth, or user action.
- Share counts display entire share counts or share counts for specific networks.
This plugin lets you attach social media sharing pins in various spots on your blog, but the buttons are also designed to promote sharing. Monarch allows you to add sharing buttons in multiple places, including ‘flight’. Fly-ins are usually practised for adding email support. Still, if you are someone who knows the importance of social media, you might want to consider utilizing this option for social media sharing as well.
- The default colour of the icons is the colour and logo of the individual networks, but you can adjust it to your liking. Colours, shapes, and orientation can be modified to match your taste.
- The icons react in various ways when the mouse hovers over them – Simple, Grow, Flip, Border, and Slide.
- You can choose the icons and organize them in any order, displaying even the share counts.
If you like the method of the social share buttons at Mashable, you’re inevitably going to love MashShare. As you can derive from its name and that intro, with MashShare, you can add Mashable-style social share keys to your WordPress site.
In the free version, MashShare just helps Facebook and Twitter.
- Integrate multiple networks for sharing on your website
- Option to choose from customized sticky share bar or floating slide bar
- Click to Tweet allows users to directly quote you on their Twitter accounts
- Track and optimize social shares
AddToAny provides users with the power to add share buttons on an extensive list of platforms, including WordPress, Drupal, Tumblr, Blogger, custom-built sites, and also on email services. The investment processes vary depending upon the specifics of the user’s set platform.
- Share Buttons
- Custom Placement & Appearance
- Analytics Integration
- WordPress Optimized
- Mobile Optimized & Retina Ready
- Customizable & Extensible
WordPress Social Media Feather is a lightweight open social media WordPress plugin that enables you to instantly and effortlessly add social sharing features to all your posts, pages and custom posts. You can also track your social share count with this plugin.
- Integrated WordPress social sharing for all the posts
- Full assistance for retina and high-resolution displays
- WordPress social sharing and subsequent widgets
- Helps all significant providers of social features
- Yielding with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, Pinterest, Tumblr, Linkedin and email
Which is the Quickest Social Sharing Plugin For WordPress?
Out of the various social media plugins, the most active in our list are:
1) Social Media Feather
2) Monarch by Elegant Themes
They each scored a negligible price to fill time and side weight, with Social Media Feather at the forefront of this list as it is the fastest. Mashsharer is more restricted. It’s modelled after Mashable’s sharing keys which have a bright design, but the free version of the plugin provides you Facebook, Twitter and Email. If you want more extra choices, you have to go to the premium version.
Which WordPress Social Sharing Plugin Must You Pick?
After providing you with 7 different plugins, now’s the section where we try to assist you to pick the plugin that’s most suitable for your particular requirement because you only require one.
If you want to perform basic social share switches for the new networks, pretty much any of these plugins can get the work done. Just make sure you pick a plugin that provides:
Many plugins like Social Snap provide you with features that help you set a creative and distinctive social sharing button. This is important as the button should be able to capture the attention of the visitor effectively.
Button placement choices
Remember to give attention to installation options on mobile, as well! Some plugins also show WhatsApp buttons on mobile and something else on the desktop, which is a great option.
If you’re a blogger or marketer, Social Snap, Social Warfare, or Easy Social Share Buttons are your most suitable choices. All three plugins add extra features that will make a significant difference to your site.
No matter which WordPress social sharing plugins you prefer, it is highly recommended that you should play around with the position of your buttons and the order of your social networks to find the combination that helps you get as many shares as possible.